Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A-Blush-A-Day, No. 16: Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream #5 - Swatches & Review

The 16th blush to be featured in the A-Blush-A-Day project would be a cream blush (sort of), from Make Up For Ever, the Aqua Cream #5 for lips & cheeks.


Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream #5 for lips & cheeks



I had acquired this from Sephora last summer when I went to the US, when the Aqua Creams were pretty new in Malaysia and they didn't have all the shades (22 of them, if I am not mistaken) in at the counters yet. Of course, by now, I am sure Make Up For Ever(MUFE) Malaysia would have all the shades, especially their counter in Sephora Malaysia. I don't know, as I still haven't the chance to step into Sephora Malaysia yet. Can't wait to go home to Malaysia.....oh, did I just say that? ;) Yes, I am missing Malaysia, especially all the food glorious food, and also MAC!!!! Yes, MAC is such a rare species in the UK countryside! :( And Princess has been asking us to bring her back to Malaysia as she misses her ah ma(grandma) and yiyi(aunt) very much.

OK, back to MUFE Aqua Cream #5......


Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream #5 for lips & cheeks




It is a multi-tasking product that can be used for the eyes, cheeks and lips. But on the box of #5, it states that for 'lips & cheeks'. I suppose it shouldn't be a problem to apply it on the eyes if you like such shades for your eyes. And it's supposed to be waterproof, crease-proof and smudge-proof too, I presume. I tried it out on my cheeks, and yes, it indeed last all day on my cheeks, more than 10 hours, from morning till night. I tried once on my lips some time back, but the texture is not so easy to apply on my lips. I'll talk about its usage on the lips in another post. Let's concentrate on this as a blush first. From the description on the box, it contains a high concentration of mother of pearl.



MUFE Aqua Cream #5 is a peachy-pink colour with golden shimmer. It has a bit of coral tone to it and is very pigmented. The shimmer is visible, but rather subtle and not the in-your-face kind of shimmer (glitter). And it definitely doesn't enhance any imperfection on my skin. In fact, it makes my complexion appear quite smooth.
The texture is soft yet firm. It doesn't swipe as creamy, but soft enough to be swiped and blended out. But the time taken for this to set/dry is merely few seconds. I would say 5-8 seconds max. I applied this using my fingers, as I think the warmth of my fingers would 'melt' the product slightly, making it easier to blend on my cheeks.

When swiped, the product tends to clump slightly, as you can see in the swatches below, making its blendability less easy. I said, less easy, but it's not by any means, difficult to blend. I didn't get it right the first time with some clumps of shade setting on my cheeks before I could blend it out completely. But with practice, I managed to blend it out in time before it sets (see my cheek swatches below).

As mentioned earlier, it lasted all day on my cheeks, that's like more than 10 hours and still looking fresh. And it's easily removed with my Korres makeup remover, and also Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil (on different occasions, of course).


Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream #5 for lips & cheeks - the golden tinge



Swatch of Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream #5 for lips & cheeks
(under natural daylight; left -
by the window; right - at my desk)
Notice the clumps of product on the lower part of the swatch.
The photos taken by the window appear slightly washed out.



Swatches of Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream #5 for lips & cheeks
(under natural daylight; above - at my desk; below - by the window)





On my cheeks

It gives a pinkish-peachy glow to my cheeks.




Against direct sunlight, you can see the slight golden shimmer.



This costs USD22 (6g of product) in the US. In Malaysia, I think it costs RM97 (if the price has not changed since the last time I inquired at the end of last year).




Face Of The Day

It so happened that the day I took photos for this post, I had my hair pulled back into a ponytail. This kind of reminds me of those clean runway look. ;) What do you think?

Brows: Benefit Silky Powder Eyeshadow in fishnets
Eyes: Boots No.7 Stay Perfect Eye Mousse in Fudge on the lids
Cheeks: MUFE Aqua Cream #5
Lips: I don't remember, but it looked purplish, may be it's MAC Indigo Pink Lipglass from Jeanius Collection.
Face: I don't remember, could be a combination of Clinique Age Defense BB cream and Dodo Cosmetics 2-way cake.




By right, I should be almost at the end of the A-Blush-A-Day project already, as Jennifer and Elaine have finished their 30 blushes. But do head over to see what they are up to next. ;)


5 comments:

Jess said...

I'm still preferring powder blushes, because I'm so not good at blending cream textures.

But you did a lovely job, Vonvon! I like the fresh peach on you a lot! Very pretty for summer!

Rakhshanda said...

love love the shades..you are looking so pretty.

Vonvon said...

Jess, it's practice, my dear. I am sure you'll be able to do it with some practice. :) I tried a mousse blush from Maybelline recently and it is really easy to blend, but the color is much sheerer and does not last as long.

Thank you so much, Jess! :)

Vonvon said...

Yes, that's a very pretty shade, Rakhshanda. And thank you for the compliment.

socialitedreams said...

i've been into cream blushes lately and this looks gorgeous! need to test it out