Saturday, May 28, 2011

A-Blush-A-Day, No. 26: Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick Compact In Nectar - Swatches & Review

The 26th blush will be Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact in Nectar. This is the mini limited edition one from the Holiday 2009 collection. Something which I have regretted paying RM180 for because I should have bought the one in Plum, instead of Nectar. The following Spring, Bobbi Brown came out with the full-sized version of Nectar Shimmer Brick! And by then, the Plum mini Shimmer Brick was already sold out! :(

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact in Nectar



Comes in a suede-like pouch


Anyways, I was so upset that I just kept it in my drawer, just didn't want to see it and remind me of the Plum Shimmer Brick! I took it out because of this ABAD project.

This is a tiny mini-sized Shimmer Brick of 3g only! The usual size of a Shimmer Brick is 10.3g. But this mini Shimmer Brick comes in a dark gray metal compact with reflective surface which has high affinity for fingerprints. It feels heavy and sturdy and luxe, in a way. The inside of it has a mirror which I find of not much use as the compact itself is so small, so the mirror under the lid is even smaller. It comes with a suede-like pouch to house the mini metal compact.




Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact in Nectar



Like all Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks, Nectar has 5 strips of colour ranging from the top - yellow pink, pale pink, coral, rose gold and reddish pink. And of course, they are all shimmery, but the shimmers are not the over-the-top kind.

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact in Nectar



They have good pigmentation, and the texture is smooth. I would say that these shades can be doubled up a eyeshadows too. As they would give a nice wash of colour to the lids especially when you want a fuss-free makeup. But one gripe I have is each strip of colour is so narrow that when I was swatching with my fingers, I had to angle my fingers so as not to pick up the adjacent colour. If you use an eyeshadow brush to pick up the shade for use as an eyeshadow, then you must use quite a small and narrow brush. Unless you wouldn't mind some mixture of the shades.

Swatches of Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact in Nectar under different lighting (photos above and below).
L to R:
Yellow pink, pale pink, coral, rose gold and reddish pink





Swatches of Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact in Nectar under different lighting - swirled together and blended (photos above and below).

On the left side, swatch of the swirled together. On the right side, after blending, it gives a golden pink sheen.




On my cheeks, it gives a slight golden pink sheen, instead of looking shimmery. And I am getting about 4-5 hours of wear time with this.



Subtle pink shade with a golden sheen




I do hope that Bobbi Brown will repromote the Plum Shimmer Brick some time in future but NOT in the mini compact form. Please do it in the usual Shimmer Brick size. I would be most grateful. :)




For readers in the UK, hope you are having a fun Bank Holiday weekend. And for readers in the US, hope you are enjoying the Memorial Day weekend too! 3-day weekend for us here in the UK and the US. :D

2 comments:

Noniek said...

Nice swatch! I also love BBSB :)
I have 2 now in Nectar and Rose

Vonvon said...

Thank you Noniek. Nectar is lovely, but I don't have Rose.