Friday, May 6, 2011

A-Blush-A-Day, Nos. 10 & 11: Clinique 121 Enchanted Bronze Powder Blush & theBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer - Swatches & Reviews

Today would be Day 11 12 of A-Blush-A-Day project and again I will be reviewing 2 blushes/bronzers to catch up with the schedule. No. 12 would be up later, hopefully..... OMG! I am running behind schedule as has been predicted earlier at the beginning of the project. But work is catching up and I have to give priority to that, so that I can continue to feed my addiction to beauty products! I don't and cannot depend on this blog to feed my addiction, neither do I need this blog to support me, as this is my hobby and passion. :)



A-Blush-A-Day, No. 10: Clinique 121 Enchanted Bronze Powder Blush

I have had this blush for a long time. And it's not even in the original packaging, I had snagged this from the Estee Lauder warehouse sale some years back for RM5 (USD1.70)! It's actually the tester, though brand new, that comes in a transparent plastic casing. Back then, I was trying to play with some bronzers, and when I saw this, of course, I grabbed it! ;) And I have been using it quite frequently ever since. Many of my EOTD/FOTD posts did mention this blush though I haven't really written a review on it.


The name for this blush is pretty long, according to the label. Blushing Blush Powder Blush 121 Enchanted Bronze. I checked at the Clinique counter before and indeed they have this blush for sale and it's not limited edition. But I forgot to check the details like its price and the weight of the product. And that was long long time ago when I first acquired this.

Anyways, this is a blush, albeit the colour and the name. I guess it's just a bronze-colored blush, but of course, then it could also double up as a bronzer! ;)

This is a warm-toned brown coloured blush which is pigmented with some glitters. But the glitters are not those huge chunks, in-your-face glitters. It may bother some, but it doesn't really bother me. The glitters can be easily swiped away, and when the glitters are gone, it gives a warm matte finish. It has a soft texture, but not powdery.

It shows up on my cheeks as a tan shade with a hint of pinkish glow. I use this blush quite often whenever I want to have a neutral or no-makeup makeup look. And as I have mentioned earlier, I also use it as a bronzer and for contouring.

And the wear time time for this blush kind of surprised me. I got more than 6-7 hours of wear time with this blush (that's about the usual time I wear my makeup and then remove it). In fact, I noticed that this blush actually lasted all day on my cheeks. And my all day would be something between 8-10 hours.


Swatches of Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush 121 Enchanted Bronze
(pics above and below)




On my cheeks



It gives a warm tanned rosy glow to my cheek.






A-Blush-A-Day, No. 11: theBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer

This is a true bronzer. Like all theBalm products, this comes in a cardboard flip-open box with magnetic closure and retro photo printed on the packaging. Bahama Mama has the picture of a tanned island girl wearing a hula skirt and bikini top against the sea at sunset.


The blush comes with a sleeve that encases it with the same print.


It has a decent size mirror inside the packaging.


theBalm Bahama Mama


A pigmented bronzer with a soft powdery texture. It has a matte finish. The shade is a slightly darkened brown.



On my cheeks

I used quite a light hand to apply this and slowly build it up to to this intensity. It looked OK in the photo but in actual, it did look a bit dark and 'dirty'. Well, I guess a bronzer is a bronzer after all.


This retails for RM65 (7.08g) in Malaysia at SASA stores.





Comparison swatches between Clinique Enchanted Bronze and theBalm Bahama Mama





P.s. Please take a peek at what the brain behind this A-Blush-A-Day project, Jennifer, Elaine, and other bloggers who participated are up to with their blush collections.


6 comments:

lavender said...

Your skin is so nice and glowy!

gio said...

The Clinique Blush looks very pretty. I love that it can be used both as bronzer and blush. I don't think I could pull off the theBalm one instead. It looks too dark for my skin, I'm scared it'd make me look muddy.

Appu said...

I like both of them :) TheBalm has the best packaging ever!

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Lavender. :)

Vonvon said...

Actually, gio, Bahama Mama also looked pretty dark on my skin, but somehow it turned out quite OK in the photos. But yea, the Clinique one is quite versatile, and what's best it has a pink undertone.

Vonvon said...

Yes, Appu. I like theBalm packaging too.