Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dinner Look: NARS Dogon Duo Eyeshadow, MAC By Candlelight, et al; Outfit Of The Night

Again, it's been ages since I posted a look that I have done. Of course, that doesn't mean that I didn't wear any makeup during those times. In fact, all the photos are just lying dormant in the many folders untouched. ;)

OK, here's a look I did last weekend to a dinner I attended with Hubby. :D It was such a rare occasion that I got to go out with Hubby sans Princess. So decided to dress up.....


Pea Coat from GAP
But I didn't wear this to the dinner after all, as it was quite a warm night and I decided to settle for an Anne Klein bolero-like cardi. (Didn't have a photo wearing that Anne Klein piece, though, because I didn't wear that either.)



Look Of The Night








Eyes:
Benefit Silky Powder Eyeshadow in Fishnets for the brows;
Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in R.S.V.P on the lids as base;
NARS Dogon Duo Eyeshadow (Black all over the lids and taupe shade layered on top of the black except the outer corner, dust the taupe lightly below the brow as highlight, line the lower lash line and waterline with the taupe shade as well);
Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold
Volume(TM) Lifting Mascara for the upper and lower lashes.


Face:
MAC Prep+Prime Skin Base;
Juice Beauty Perfecting Foundation in Organic Sand;
MAC By Candlelight MSF as an all over face powder, highlighter and also blush.

Lips:
Make Up For Ever Fascinating Lip Gloss #16
But it didn't give too much colour to my face, so I decided to layer on Jemma Kidd Make Up School Hi-Shine Silk Touch Lip Gloss #15 Coral (but not pictured here). It gave a bit more colour without drawing away the attention from my eyes. I will have the swatches of the Jemma Kidd lipglosses up soon.





Outfit Of The Night

Dress from Express.com
It's a knee length dress, and I paired it with the gold wedges I got from New Look. :)



17 comments:

Appu said...

You look so pretty! Love your makeup & dress :)

Anonymous said...

Vonvon, you look so pretty in the pictures!! I really like your makeup (and I think it suits for day time too!) Your skin looks perfect! And you look thin! Pls do share your secret of great skin and body! ;)

p/s: Of all your FOTD, I like this the best! :D

Shyra

Anonymous said...

Oppss incase you're wondering I didn't mean that you're fat, but you do look like you've lose weight and it really makes you look good! *Jealous mode alert* :p

Shyra

LauraLeia said...

You look gorgeous. :) That makeup... wow!
Also, that pea coat is lovely!

gio said...

You look gorgeous! I love the makeup and the outfit is beautiful too!

When 30 crept up on me said...

Babe, one word..GORGEOUS! Hubby must have thought he had died and gone to heaven!!!! You look FAB!!

Blair said...

That pea coat is sooo adorable! And you look great in it <3 The last pic? Just one word for it: WOW!!!!

Love your makeup, love your dress, love YOU.. yeah haha xD So happy to see you blogging, did you do this on your Ipad or..?

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Appu! :)

Vonvon said...

Aww, Shyra....thank you for the compliments! Yes, I do wear smoky look for day time sometimes. No worries, I am not so sensitive when it comes to my weight. May be a bit. ;)

Btw, 'it' arrived! But still with my friend. :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you, LauraLeia! :)

Vonvon said...

Thanks, gio! Glad you like them! :)

Vonvon said...

When 30 crept up on me, thank you so much. That's a great compliment.

Vonvon said...

Aww....Blair, thank you so much! <3

This post was done the day before it happened. There is no photos in my iPad. Still haven't started blogging from the laptop yet. Will try to do soon. :)

sesame said...

You look fabulous! Very royal getup there in the first pic! Hey, you also seemed to have lost some weight - but in a nice way.

Vonvon said...

Thank you, sesame.

That first photo was one of the many that Hubby took, and it was one of the best. And the pose just happened to be...yup, you said it. ;)

I am really happy to lose weight, indeed.

Mamapumpkin said...

Waaaaa! So syiok ar? Who babysat for you??? I am still waiting for that day, man!

Vonvon said...

MamaP, so happened my mum and sis came for a visit, so asked them to babysit lor. But she was also crying when we were leaving.