Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's Offically Summer!

Today is the day of solstice, and marks the official start of summer! I was in Stratford-Upon-Avon yesterday, and the weather was great, sunny and warm, to the point of hot that Princess decided to remove her jumper and wore only a short-sleeved T-shirt.

The summer flowers are in bloom now........... roses and lavender, wheat is growing, berries are in abundance, and I already saw cherries sprouting on the trees, though they aren't ripe yet.

Here are some random photos of summer........... ;)


Orange roses and yellow flowers which I don't know the name of. Do you know the name of the yellow flowers? Are they buttercups?


It's a coral shade rose.


Lavenders are growing everywhere, and the scent is quite strong too. Love it!

Lavender



Wheat field



Berries
The raspberry was so huge that it acted like a cup, filled with water.


Stuffed raspberries, anyone? It's blueberries inside the raspberries. ;)



My new Reebok Easytone flip flops.







Have a good day, my dear readers! :D


2 comments:

VijiiS said...

hooray for summers. Those berries look delicious.

gio said...

I'm so glad that summer is officially here! The photos are beautiful, thanks for sharing. And I love your flip flops.