Friday, July 22, 2011

Hauls From London Trip: Inglot, Giorgio Armani & MAC

These are hauls from last month's day trip to London when my Mum and sis were visiting.

Not too much but at least, I got the first's of my Inglot eyeshadows, a Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Intense Eyeshadow, and some MAC stuff from their PRO store in Soho, London. And I got some clothes from Uniqlo on Oxford Street.


INGLOT

I knew no matter how short of time I was that day, I had to drag myself to London Westfield to the one and only Inglot store in the UK (??) to get some Inglot stuffs to try out. Because I don't know when is the next time I will go down to London again.

Glad I did, and I got all the eyeshadows at discount of 10% to 50% off.

I left going to Westfield till the end of the day, like less than 2 hours before I was due to catch the train. So, I was in the store for less than 10 minutes. But I just couldn't decide on the shades of the eyeshadows that I wanted. I knew I was going to get eyeshadows, but really, I was overwhelmed! Luckily, I had noted down the numbers of the eyeshadows that I planned to get, so I settled for a 2-pan Freedom System palette. The eyeshadow each cost GBP5 (~RM25, slightly cheaper than in Malaysia which costs RM28 per eyeshadow), but with 10% off. And the 2-pan was GBP3 (~RM15), also with 10% off. So I paid a total of GBP11.70 (~RM58) for the 2-pan palette with eyeshadows. Yup, that was about to be my small little first haul from Inglot.






Then, when I was at the till, I saw some small boxes of eyeshadows, lipsticks, etc on the counter which were on 50% off! Of course, colours were limited but each eyeshadow was only GBP4.50 (original price GBP9 each). Without much thinking, I picked up a light blue double sparkle eyeshadow and a matte yellow one.



MAC

Earlier during the day, I went to the MAC PRO Store in Soho. By that time, I haven't been purchasing MAC for a while, because there is no MAC store where I live! Anyways, that time was a few days after the launch of MAC Surf Baby collection. I picked up Swell Baby and Sun Blonde eyeshadows, and I saw Miss Behave Mineralize Blush from Quite Cute Collection (from Spring 2011), so I got that too.



I saw the MAC Flighty Bouncy eyeshadows, checked some out, swatched some, but somehow it didn't quite attract me. It's like liquid eyeshadows, but a little thicker. I have read that Rimmel Colour Mousse 8 hr is similar, so I got the Rimmel one instead. That'll be another post.


GIORGIO ARMANI

Then, further down on Oxford Street, I went into Selfridges, and headed straight to the Giorgio Armani counter. After reading so many reviews on the Eyes To Kill Intense eyeshadows (GBP24.50 each), I planned to get #6 Khaki Pulse and #2 Lust Red. But the counter was sold out of Lust Red, so I paid for Khaki Pulse, and went to Harrods to the other Giorgio Armani counter, and they were sold out of Lust Red too. :( Seems like it's quite a popular colour.






But I have read in some blogs that L'Oreal Paris Color Infallible Eyeshadow is kind of similar to the GA Eyes To Kill. Wouldn't be surprised since both brands are under L'Oreal. Some weeks later, back in my town, I was in Boots, and checked out the L'Oreal Paris Infallible Eyeshadows. I found one, 013 Burning Black, which was somewhat similar to Lust Red. I don't think it's a dupe, but well, close enough. And I forgot to take pictures of the swatches I made at the GA counter in Selfridges. :( That's the thing about going shopping with non-shopaholics, and with so limited time! :(
The L'Oreal shadow cost only GBP5.49 (original was GBP6.99), and I bought it using my Boots Advantage points!



I have started using some of them.....so hopefully I can come up with some posts soon.......


Have a nice weekend!!


4 comments:

Appu said...

Lovely Haul Vonvon! What are the two shades in the Inglot square pan? They look lovely esp the orange-y one on the right!

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Appu! The golden shade is #403, while the orange-y one is #407. Glad you like them! :)

gio said...

Great haul! I really have to get some Inglot eyeshadows, they look gorgeous!

Vonvon said...

Thanks, gio! Yes, do try to get some Inglot eyeshadows to try out! I am sure you will love them. :)