Monday, July 25, 2011

Nails Of The Day (NOTD): MAVALA Liberty Nail Polish - Review, Swatches

Here is another MAVALA nail polish, Liberty, from the MAVALA Colour Collection Gift Set (see pic below). This gift set's original price is GBP32, but I got it, again at Debenhams, on sale for GBP16. And that works out to be GBP2 per 5ml bottle of MAVALA nail polish! Yay!





I would call Liberty a nude colour with cream finish. It's actually a creamy beige colour (a bit cafe au lait, with a lot of lait! :P). But on my nails, as you will see in the following photos, it looks as though I am not wearing anything, but my nails look glossy.











It's definitely a work-safe colour and for everyday wear. A while ago, when I started playing with nail polishes, those brightly coloured ones to be exact, I found such shades to be a bit boring. Then, I realised I can't really wear a bright orange or a bright teal to the lab or the office, can I? That said, I think red is still acceptable for work. What do you think?

As with other MAVALA nail polishes, it dries quickly and 2 layers are enough to get an opaque glossy finish. It has good staying power of about 2 days before I notice any tip wear or chipping. But one good thing I like about such colours is that even when it starts to wear out and chip, it's quite difficult to notice them unless someone or even yourself were to stare intently on the nails!


4 comments:

VijiiS said...

I do like that. =D

gio said...

This shade looks too natural for my tastes but I agree with you that it's perfect for the office. Very safe and wearable.

Vonvon said...

Hi Vijiis,

Glad you like it. :)

Vonvon said...

I know you like bright colours, gio! :)