Thursday, July 21, 2011

Nails Of The Day (NOTD): MAVALA Riga 56 Nail Polish - Review, Swatches

I think nail polish is one of my latest craze, though at this moment, I am not wearing any on my finger nails.... letting them have a rest from chemicals. :) On my toe nails is China Glaze Summer Escape 108 Degrees.

I have been hauling quite a bit of MAVALA nail polishes recently, as I keep on finding them on sale at Debenhams. I am not sure if all Debenhams have a bargain section like the one near my place has. And this is not a 'clearance' section either. Anyways, of course I ain't complaining.

Riga 56 is a cream finish nail polish. It's a very pale pink shade which applies well without too much streaking and 2 coats are enough to get a decent finish. And it dries pretty quick too. It stays on my nails for about 2 days before I start to notice some nail tip wear, quite good considering how much hand washing I do a day.

















Because of the subtlety of the colour, it is suitable for daily wear and is also work-safe.

This bottle (5ml) is part of a 3-piece set for Breast Cancer Awareness which I purchased at half-price (GBP4.97) from Debenhams.

And MAVALA nail polishes are 3-free: NO Dibutyl phthalate, NO formaldehyde, and NO toluene.


4 comments:

LauraLeia said...

Nice colour, but i think they're a bit too sheer. :D

gio said...

What a lovely shade, wearable and feminine. :)

Vonvon said...

Thanks, LauraLeia. It's kind of sheer, but I think if I were to put on another layer or 2, it would be better. This was only 2 coats. :)

Vonvon said...

Yes, it is, gio! :)