Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Swatches & Review Of Sleek Makeup Caribbean Collection: Aruba Blush & Bonaire Pout Polish

Here are swatches of the latest Sleek Makeup Caribbean Collection Aruba Blush and Bonaire Pout Polish. I will dedicate a separate post for the Curacao eyeshadow palette.

I was really looking forward to this collection, even more so than the Mediterranean Collection when I have seen them online way back in Spring. And it surely didn't disappoint.

I have been to the Mediterranean region, but I have not stepped foot on the Caribbean, and some of my students are there now for a summer school. Fingers crossed.... when I find someone I can trust my Princess with, Hubby and I will go on our second honeymoon to the Caribbean! :D




Sleek Makeup Caribbean Collection Aruba Blush

When I set my eyes on the Aruba blush, my first thought was to NARS Taj Mahal blush. I don't have Taj Mahal but I am happy with Aruba. Not to mention, Sleek blushes cost only GBP4.29(8g), versus NARS GBP20.50(4.8g)! OK, I know it's not really fair to make a comparison like this. But in terms of the price tag, don't you agree?


Sleek Makeup Caribbean Collection Aruba Blush
It matches the colour of Papaya Punch nail polish from China Glaze Summer Escape collection.

Aruba is a bright true orange in the pan. Scary to some, I suppose. It's very pigmented with good colour pay-off, but swatches orange which can be toned down to a more coral-like orange. Just a slight touch of the brush on the pan is enough to apply the blush on one cheek. And don't forget to blend it out. Like the other Sleek blushes I have tried, Pomegranate and Santorini, they last all day on my cheeks, that's about 8-9 hours!


Sleek Makeup Caribbean Collection Aruba Blush and its swatch(below)




Sleek Makeup Caribbean Collection Aruba Blush on cheek







This is the first time I am trying Sleek Pout Polish which comes with SPF15 for sun protection of your pout! It is described as a tinted lip conditioner.

Sleek Makeup Caribbean Collection Bonaire Pout Polish


I have read some people don't agree with the scent of the product, but to me it's fine. It smells something like coconut candy to me, not really my favourite kind of scent, but nevertheless, it doesn't bother me. It applies a very sheer layer of colour (pale 'yellow' orange) on my lips, not sticky, and does keep my lips moisturised. It lasts about 3-4 hours on my lips without drinking or eating.


Sleek Makeup Caribbean Collection Bonaire Pout Polish




Sleek Makeup Caribbean Collection Bonaire Pout Polish - swatch




Face Of The Day

In this look, I was wearing minimal makeup. Sunplay BB Cream SPF36/PA++ on my face, set with MAC Pink Power MSF. Aruba Blush on my cheeks, and Bonaire Pout Polish on the lips.


4 comments:

gio said...

These products actually scared me when I first received them but they are surprisingly very wearable and flattering. It really is a lovely collection and I can't wait to see your review of the palette.

Vonvon said...

Yes, gio, they are all wearable, the eyeshadow palette is simply amazing. Will review it with some looks soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, do you know where to get the sleek pout polish in malaysia? Where did you purchased it? Really want to get it ;( Ngee. Thanks

Vonvon said...

Hi Ngee.

I bought all my Sleek items from Superdrug in the UK. This particular one was sent by their customer service after I lodged a complaint on Superdrug poor customer service when it came to stocking up on Sleek products.

Perhaps you can join some spree in Malaysia or Sleek website does international shipping but shipping fee is quite high.

Hope that helps.