Friday, August 19, 2011

Looks From Sleek Curacao Eyeshadow Palette: Screwdriver & Green Iguana

Sorry for being MIA again! I am back in Malaysia for summer holidays, have not proper Internet connection, and also been busy with countless family commitments, especially performing prayers for my late father for the 7th Lunar Month. And I have done some shopping as well, mostly for new clothes and shoes. As for makeup, I bought 3 MAC Semi Precious Mineralize Eyeshadows and 1 Mineralize Blush. I am just too lazy to take the train to the MAC counter in Sogo where they still have all the 4 Mineralize Skinfinishes from Semi Precious collection! I went to SASA and bought My Beauty Diary masks - Teatime sets, and also theBalm Shady Lady, Vol. 3 eyeshadow palette.

Anyways, today I want to show you some eye looks I have done with Sleek Caribbean Collection Curacao Eyeshadow Palette. I have used the yellow and pale teal - Screwdriver and Green Iguana. Description of the shades is in the post linked above.


Eye Of The Day




Screwdriver and Green Iguana


Products used for the eyes






Eyes:
Screwdriver (bright yellow shade) on the lids, and gently blend upward to the brow to get a gradation in tone;
Green Iguana (forest green shade) on the outer corner and blend into the crease;
Line the upper and lower lash lines with MAC Pearlglide Liner in Undercurrent;
Dab Green Iguana on the lower lid to smudge out Undercurrent;
Dab a bit of Martini on the inner corner of the lower lid;
Finish off with Maybelline Magnum Super Film mascara.

Brow:
Benefit Silky Powder Eyeshadow in Fishnets


Face Of The Day

Face:
Sunplay Skin Aqua Moisture BB Cream SPF36/PA++
MAC Pink Power MSF

Cheeks:
Sleek Caribbean Collection Aruba Blush (applied with a duo fibre brush, I used Etude House duo fibre brush)

Lips:
Sleek Caribbean Collection Bonaire Pout Polish




Another EOTD with only Screwdriver and a brown gel eyeliner (I used Tsuya-Tsuya Gel Eyeliner in Cedar Brown Shimmer).




Have a nice weekend ahead!




10 comments:

Blair said...

What bright and eye catching looks!!! I love how you blended the yellow and green together~ Un-creative me will not be able to come out with something that looks so awesome =.=

Never thought of using yellow as a lid colour, shall try it out sometime soon. Hope you are doing well hun! <3

Vonvon said...

Thanks, Blair! Glad you like it. But the looks that you created are always so sweet. :)

I love yellows in general, but yellow for the lid may go either way, making one end up looking icteric or it just pops!

I am all right, sweetie. *hugs :)

VijiiS said...

I love these colors on you. Beautifully done look and so flattering! =]

gio said...

Love the looks, especially the first one! The color combo is very pretty and the blending so good. Love how bright these shades are too.

lavender said...

Wow, I love the yellow and green combo. very special and bright. Is the shadow good quality? any fallout?

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Vijiis!

Vonvon said...

Thank you, gio! I know you are into bright shades and eye makeup like this. :)

Vonvon said...

Hi lavender, thank you. Well, the colours are generally quite pigmented but they are quite soft, so there is some fall out. Some may be slightly chalky. But for GBP6.49 a palette, I can forgive those little flaws. ;)

Witoxicity said...

I love the funky colour combinations you've used here, Vonvon! Very out there and cool, especially the first one.

I hope you're settling back well in the UK. :)

Vonvon said...

Glad you love it, Witoxicity. Thank you.

Yes, getting used to the greyness of the UK fairly quickly.

Hope you are doing well. :)