Thursday, September 29, 2011

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadows in Illusoire 83 and Epatant 84 - Quick Swatches & Quick Reviews

I had actually planned to start wearing Fall colours this week! As in the makeup. But then we are having our second Summer this year, so I decided to wear those bright summer-y shades again, as if I have not been wearing them, ;)! Also I had wanted to remove all my Summer clothes from my wardrobe and put them in the storage while bringing out my Fall and Winter clothes. Good thing I haven't done that!

And pretty much, I have been wearing lots of MAC this month, but what can I do? *throwing arms up in the air. MAC came out with some great collections with gorgeous products this month, and also the next coming month - think Posh Paradise with those gems of Paint Pots, and the to-die-for MSF Lightscapade from Fall Colour Collection, OMG! That reminds me to call their PRO store in London to check on the release dates of these awesome collections!

Anyways, back to the subject that I want to speak about today.......

So, originally, I had planned to wear the new Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadows this week. And I could have, but I was pretty busy earlier during the week to play with new eyeshadows, so I decided to stick to my safe eyeshadow shades to wear to work - Benefit R.S.V.P. all over the lids, and Boots No7 Stay Perfect Eye Mousse in Fudge in the outer corner and crease. Will talk about those later.

Let's take a look at some photos of the Chanel eyeshadows and swatches. The colours are rather interesting. In some light, especially low light, they look kinda similar. And I find that it's quite difficult to photograph the colours true to the pan.

The product itself (both of them) are soft and spongy to touch, despite its 'grainy' appearance. It swipes smoothly, and the pigmentation is good, though you can vary the intensity of the colour depending on how hard you swatch it. I haven't worn this on my lids yet, so I can't say about its wear time, creasability (is there such a word? I can see it's already underlined in red), blendability, etc.

But believe me, I am dying to wear these eyeshadows, as of course, I am sure you have read lots of raves on these new eyeshadows form Chanel!

I paid RM110 in Malaysia (about GBP23 / USD36) for each of the eyeshadow (4g).



83 Illusoire
This is basically a dark plum shade with a metallic sheen, more than a shimmer.




84 Epatant
This is a silvery-pewter shade, also with metallic sheen.




Swatches of 83 Illusoire (left) and 84 Epatant (right)
Lightly swatched

Looks like these 2 shadows would be great in creating the Fall trend of metallic smoky eyes, wouldn't they?


8 comments:

gio said...

They are really great shades for fall!

Jamilla Camel said...

I've got 83, now I have to get 84!

VijiiS said...

Wow! As if I needed to put more Chanel on the wishlist!

LauraLeia said...

Wow, these 2 colours are fab! 84 Epatant looks really nice. They're perfect to get the metallic smokey eye look. :)

Vonvon said...

Indeed, gio! :)

Vonvon said...

How do you like 83, Jamilla?

Yes, I think you should get 84 too. They are both very pretty shades!

Vonvon said...

Oh, Vijiis! Tell me about it! These are my 1st haul, but I am already eyeing the Rose Ecrin Blush. Thank god, nothing else Chanel has caught my eyes so far. Still considering if I should get Mirifique, the shimmery black one.

Vonvon said...

Yes, they are, LauraLeia! The weather is changing, will wear them soon. :)