Friday, September 23, 2011

First Bourjois Haul - On Clearance; Autumn Ramblings

Yes! You read it right! I haven't any Bourjois products in my stash till now, oh well, a few days ago (and today). ;)

I had always wanted to buy Bourjois Little Round Pots eyeshadows and blushes to try out. Somehow for a brand that I had not tried previously, but have been reading so much raves about, their prices are somewhat on the higher end of the spectrum for a drugstore brand. OK, the price range is still quite low, but to spend between GBP5-8 for an eyeshadow single or blush, I'd rather get a Sleek Makeup eyeshadow palette for GBP6.49 with 12 eyeshadows! And Sleek super-pigmented blushes are only GBP4.29 each. Well, I think you get the idea.

OK, one may argue that Bourjois products are made in France, versus other brands which have many, if not all, of their products, made in China.

But I am not going into the discussion on this.

What is more important is I hauled some Bourjois in the last couple of days, and I am really happy with the prices I paid for them, and I am very excited to try them out. The fact that I got all of them on the Clearance shelf of a small local Boots and also a neighbourhood chemist, it means that these are not the latest products. They are the older versions of their Little Round Pots eyeshadows. I am not sure about the blush I got. But a quick comparison online with the new packaging, confirms that these are the older version and packaging. Not really a big deal for me, as I like getting beauty bargains from time to time, whether old or new.... just some 'cheap thrills', if you want to put it that way! ;) As long as the condition of the product(s) is satisfactory, especially when it comes to powder(dry) products, I am not too overly concerned.

OK, enough ramblings.

My first haul was on Wednesday, the hump day, where it started off quite crappy, rushing Princess to school (as always). Before going to pick her up from school in the afternoon, I dropped by the local Boots store, just a small one, to check out some stuffs for a friend. And each time I go to that Boots, I will always check their Clearance shelf, which almost every time, has something good on offer. :D This time, it was a whole lot of eyeshadows, lipglosses, and lipsticks from various brands. But somehow there were 3 Little Round Pots among the lot which caught my attention. 3 Bourjois eyeshadows at GBP2.99 each. Normal price was GBP5.99. So I grabbed 2 to try out. Then at the till, the cashier asked me if I want to get another one, as they were on 3 for 2 offer! I was like, "WHAT! Clearance items also on 3 for 2 offer?" Of course, I quickly ran to grab the 3rd eyeshadow from the shelf! And in total, I paid GBP5.98 for 3 Bourjois eyeshadows, albeit the older version. For the price of 1 eyeshadow less 1 penny, I got 3 instead! Muaahahaha! I couldn't help but laugh my way to the car.


Bourjois Little Round Pots eyeshadows haul from Boots



And then today, I spent my whole morning attending seminars on medical statistics and research methodology, etc. By lunch time, my brain was really fried from the overwhelming amount of information, that I decided to walk home from my office through the woods, stopping to inhale the scent of Autumn, admiring the changing colours of the leaves and the last of some berries, saw loads of apple trees and crushed apples on the ground, and I even saw a whole bunch of crab apples! I'll upload the photos later. Yea, of course, I took a bunch photos......

Then I stopped by the neighbourhood chemist to see if they have any new MAVALA nail polishes and whether if they have any offer on them. They sell the MAVALA polishes quite expensive, at GBP3.99 per bottle! Anyways, no offer on MAVALA polishes. But I saw that they have a new shelf of Bourjois. No big deal, but then by the till, there were a few bowls of Bourjois products on special offer. 1 for GBP2.99, 2 for GBP5! Haha! What a good stress-reliever it was. I found a couple of their blushes and decided to get one. There weren't many choices, but again, who cares! Then I saw a bottle of nail polish in a very pretty orangey-peachy shade and it's the Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail Enamel #11 (which later I found out online, has a name of Shimmering Coral) with fan effect brush. So I got both for GBP5.

Bourjois Little Round Pots eyeshadows haul from Boots (on the forefront)
Bourjois Little Round Pot blush and 1 Seconde Nail Enamel (on the back)



I am wearing that nail polish right now. Quite sheer, not overtly shimmery but very pretty nonetheless. Another good-for-the-office shade! Will crop the photos later.

Have a great weekend! TGIF! And it's officially Autumn!



6 comments:

Appu said...

LOVE your haul and that polish looks fab! Do post some pics. I miss Bourjois so much...y did they have to discontinue it here? :(

Vonvon said...

Thanks, Appu! Yes, I am editing the photos for NOTD of the polish. :)

Bourjois stopped selling in the US?

gio said...

Great haul and great deal too! I love Bourjois blushes. The colors are lovely and have good color payoff. The texture tends to harden after a while though, but that can be easily fixed by removing the top layer with a toothbrush.

Vonvon said...

Yea, they are really good deals, aren't they, gio?

Thank you for the tip on dealing with their blushes. :)

Appu said...

Yeah, its been a year now! I used to love their stuff & the packaging is so cute!!

Vonvon said...

Aww, that is so sad, Appu! :(

Yes, I agree that their little round pot packaging is very cute. I always check them out and swatch their eyeshadows and blushes when I go to Boots or Superdrug, but just never wanted to buy them for the reasons I stated in the post. But when I saw them on sale, you can imagine.... :)