Thursday, September 15, 2011

Haul: Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow - Illusoire 83 & Epatant 84

I have to say that I never purchase anything from Chanel before. Reasons? I didn't find anything that really appealed to me then, though I like the shades of some of their lipglosses. Also at most Chanel counters, their SAs weren't too friendly nor nice. I had a quick makeover at the Chanel studio in One Utama once and when I wanted to snap photos of the products used so that I could blog about it, the SA very rudely stopped me from doing so, even after I explained that I am a beauty blogger. And the funny thing was, a few months later, another blogger blogged about it and the very same items were photographed and posted in her blog and I could see the very same SA in the background of one of the photos. Huh??!!

Anyways, that was quite a long while ago...............

When Chanel came out with their Fall 2011 collection, Illusions D'Ombres de Chanel, way back in June (in the USA), I was quite fascinated by the Illusion D'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadows. Not so much by their colours initially, as they are more to the classic neutral shades though they are very beautiful. I was more attracted to the description of the shadows that reminded me very much of Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Silk Eyeshadows. I have GA ETK #6 Khaki Pulse and I like it, though I don't love it. Well, I'll talk about the Armani shadow in another post.




So anyways, I dropped by the Chanel counter at Isetan The Gardens, to check these Chanel eyeshadows out. And I was greeted by a very nice and friendly SA, more senior, I supposed, and there you go, I bought #84 Epatant (see photo below), as they ran out of #83 Illusoire. But I wasn't too bothered about it, as these eyeshadows are PERMANENT! Ahhh......how nice is it to see some seasonal collections which will be in the permanent range, unlike some brand that I love and adore so much, think you can guess which one is that? ;) But I think they are getting a tiny wee bit better, in terms of making their seasonal collection, permanent...... that's a little digression...........

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow #84 Epatant


By then, I was determined to get #83 Illusoire and #84 Epatant which I already got. Then a few days later, I was in Parkson Pavilion, and wowo.....don't get me started on the Chanel studio there. But again, to my surprise, the SA at the studio that, also appeared to be more senior, was very nice. I had no time for small talk, and buttering from them, and I asked if they had #83, right away, I bought as well. See photo below.

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow #83 Illusoire


And not forgetting to mention that at both counters, they were very kind to offer me some freebies without me having to ask. Wow!!! PLUSES to them! At the first counter, the SA gave me a sample size (1g) of Rouge Coco Hydrating Creme Lip Colour in 11 Legende, and at the second one, she suggested that I try their compact foundation. See photo below.



Well, you can be sure that after I have tried these samples out, and if I like them.....hahaha, my wallet will be grimacing in pain again, as though it's not already. ;)

But that's the thing, giving out samples, generously!, with even a minimal purchase, can bring you many potential regular customers in the long run. Note that I mentioned with a minimal purchase. Of course, the best would be to give out samples during promotions freely and generously, but that can be 'abused'.


Here are more photos.................



Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadows
#83 Illusoire (left) and #84 Epatant (right)



The instruction on how to apply it with the brush provided is on the inner flaps of the box packaging.





The brush provided.



I have yet to use these, as I am really pretty busy with loads of stuff. And Princess started her big girl school on Monday, and I have to get myself, ourselves, used to our new daily routine. Before she was at the nursery from 8.30AM till almost 6PM, and that left me with lots of free time, though most of the time, my free time was spent on household chores, and shopping, for food, that is! ;P
Big girl school has shorter hours now, and she is just so eager to start studying, though the first 2 weeks of school is just orientation, mostly play and getting to know her new friends.

She asked me a few days ago..... "Mummy, why is it that we are not studying yet at my big girl school? All we do everyday is play and play....."
Oh wow! Which means, I have to teach and coach her by myself at home outside her school hours. She is experiencing some sort of accelerated learning curve right now.......... so I just have to keep on encouraging her..............

Hope you are having a good week, and thank goodness, it's Friday's eve already! :D


8 comments:

shuseshe said...

These two are my first Chanel purchases too! I bought them about a month ago and are loving them.

LaLaLovy said...

the eyeshadow's color look very pigmented..

gio said...

Those eyeshadows look very pretty!

Vonvon said...

What a coincidence, shuseshe! Glad you are loving them! I should start using them soon as well.

Vonvon said...

Yes, LalaLovy, they are pigmented.

Vonvon said...

They are, gio! :)

Sherry said...

Hi Von long time no c ur blog as bz care bb. Nw all sleep sneak here

Vonvon said...

Hi Sherry, hope all is well with you and your baby.

Thank you for dropping by my blog.

Take care, dear!