Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Weekend: MAC Prince Noir Lipstick For Vampy Lips - Swatches & Review

This year, somehow I am kinda in a Halloween mood. Having been down with a bad bout of sinusitis, I finally started myself on antibiotics a couple nights ago, and now I am back to my old self again! :)

Prior to that, I have been buying some Halloween knick-knacks whenever I go to Tesco or Wilko - Pumpkin loot buckets for Princess and her best friend, loads of Halloween sweets for trick-or-treat for the neighbourhood kids, etc.

Anyways, Princess' half-term break is coming to an end. Thank God, for the past week, she has been good and didn't drive me crazy and let me have some rest I needed. And yesterday, I took out my Halloween-y nail polishes, they aren't exactly Halloween colours, I wouldn't go out to buy them just to wear for one day, but colours in my existing stash, close enough! And I painted Princess' toe nails in different shades of black, orange, green and purple. Then, I played with MAC Prince Noir lipstick from MAC Me Over Collection which was launched back in August/early September. Somehow I have forgotten about it, which was supposed to be reviewed earlier.


It is a dark dark colour! On my first impression from the tube, Prince Noir looks brown to me. It reminds me of MAC Kissable Lipcolour in Love Peck from the Peacocky Collection launched early this year. Brown in the tube, and when applied on the lips, it's a deep berry burgundy shade! That's what Prince Noir is. A deep berry burgundy......like red wine, but chocolate-like on the tube! ;)

It has a matte finish and applies opaque with one layer. But its formula is not gliding smooth, since it's rather thick. But there is no tugging nor pulling involved in its application. It lasted for about 3 hours, could be longer, had I not had a big lunch. And it fades quite evenly. It does feel dry on my lips, but is not drying on it.






MAC Prince Noir Lipstick from MAC Me Over Collection

The colour is really quite vampy. And Princess really likes it. She even gives me suggestion to complete a Halloween look with her ideas of eyeshadow colours. Will show you in a bit.






Swatch of MAC Prince Noir Lipstick



Lips Of The Day



MAC Prince Noir Lipstick from MAC Me Over Collection


3 comments:

gio said...

What a vampy shade, love it!

Vonvon said...

It is, gio! Glad you love it! :)

Vonvon said...

It is, gio! Glad you love it! :)