Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Happy Birthday To My Nails - Deborah Lippmann

A swatch of Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday nail polish. I saw some of her nail polish collection in House of Fraser in another town. That was a small House of Fraser though.



Pretty.
Swatch of Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday


Full of glitters. Big chunks of them.
(Pardon my dry cuticle, though)


But the price...........

A whopping GBP16!!!

No, thank you!

I could get a set of 8 bottles of Mavala nail polishes for the same price from Debenhams! OK, I know it's Deborah Lippmann, but I am not prepared to pay RM80 (that's the equivalent of 16 pounds!) for a bottle of glitter nail polish, and it was such a great pain when I wanted to remove it!


8 comments:

LauraLeia said...

Wow, that's really steep for some glitter. I don't really get the hype over DL's Happy Birthday glitter, because it's just too multi-colour to me, lol. And glitter is really really a pain to remove. XD

gio said...

I think that's gorgeous and would make a great layering shade, but I agree about the price. It's way too high.

Vonvon said...

It is, LauraLeia! I gasped when I saw the price. That's why I just swatched the tester on my thumb! Haha! Just to show that I had tried it! ;)

Vonvon said...

I had the same thought, gio! I think it would be pretty layered over a red or even black polish. The price is a rip-off!

katherine said...

gosh this looks totally cool! is this hard to remove??

B said...

This was my first Deborah Lippman polish and I so can't believe I spent THAT much on it. It's pretty but not entirely worth the price.

Vonvon said...

Hi Katherine,

Thank you for visiting and commenting.

Yes, it is pretty and cool. But at the same time, it is difficult to remove. I just had on one layer, but it took quite a bit of rubbing to get the glitter off, even then, there were still a few flecks left, which I just let it be. Since I know all the washing that I do will rub them off eventually.

Vonvon said...

B, thank you for re-affirming me that I didn't miss out by not paying the high price for it! :)