Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween! Pumpkin-Inspired Look

I did this look yesterday, just for fun. I had wanted to schedule it yesterday for today but we went to our friends' place for hot pot and came home quite late. And now, I just came home from picking up my Halloween costume for tonight! I saw it this morning but I thought I wouldn't want to pay for a costume which I would only wear for a few hours. Then, I came home and told Hubby about it. Being the American that he is, he made me go back to get it saying "it's Halloween! That's what you do, spend money, even splurge, and get yourself a nice costume to dress up!" I mean, growing up in Malaysia, we didn't really have any kind of Halloween celebration back then. Of course, nowadays, the 'tradition' has caught on with the younger generation of today in Malaysia. And muaahahaha! There was a further markdown on it when I went back at lunch time. So, I will wear them tonight and show you tomorrow, OK? :D

I don't think I will come up with a scary-looking FOTD, as I have a little girl and I hang out a lot with my neighbours with little children. So I don't want to scare them, just in case.



So, this look was inspired by Pumpkin! Or rather, colours of the pumpkin. Since I have been so into orange eyeshadows this Summer, and I just couldn't get enough of the Sleek Curacao Eyeshadow palette from this past Summer, though Summer is long gone for me here, I figure I'll do one more look using the bright vibrant colours from this palette before putting it away till the next Spring, at least. It's time to give some Fall colours in my stash some love. The Sleek Curacao palette just had the right shades for me to re-create pumpkin on my face, on my eyes to be exact!



Eyes Of The Day


Eyes:
Start by prepping the lid with a base. I used Stila Shadow Pot in Honey (just by random choice);
Apply Tequila Sunrise (a bright orange shade) on the entire lid up to the crease;
Apply Apres Midori (a mid-tone bright green) from the outer corner drawn into the crease and also on the lower lid; blend well;
Line the upper waterline with Estee Lauder Artist's Eye Pencil in Softsmudge Black;
Apply Laneige mascara from the liner & mascara duo. I did about 3 coats.

Brows:
Espresso Martini (a matte black) from Sleek Curacao palette.



Face Of The Day




Face:
A blend of Juice Beauty Perfecting Foundation in Organic Sand, MAC Prep+Prime Face Base and Stila All Over Shimmer #6, applied to the face.
Generous swipes of Guerlain Meteorites.

Cheeks:
Sleek Aruba Blush

Lips:
Sleek True Colour Lipstick in O.M.G. (a bright orange)!










Happy Halloween!

I can't wait to put on my costume and makeup and go treat-or-trick with the kids tonight! :D But first I gotta go pick them up from school...........





6 comments:

Appu said...

Happy Halloween! You look so beautiful in this. Orange e/s looks so cool on you :D

Vonvon said...

Happy Halloween to you too, Appu!

Thank you. I just can't have enough of orange eyeshadows. Thank God, I still have the excuse to use it since Fall has many stuffs in oranges too....pumpkins, the leaves.....

Rakhshanda said...

Lovely eye makeup <3 Happy Halloween honey!!

Mz More said...

My favorite Sleek lippie, OMG. It looks gorgeous on you!

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Rakhshanda! Did you do any Halloween-inspired makeup? :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Mz More! Gotta love OMG! Such a pretty bright shade.