Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Look: Pink Lids & Smokiness With Singapore Sling & Green Martini From Sleek Curacao Palette - FAILED!

This was an impromptu look I did some weeks ago. I just decided that I want to create a pink eye look for October is the Breast Cancer Awareness Month. And I had my beloved Sleek Curacao eyeshadow palette on my desk. And there it was, Singapore Sling, in all its bright pink glory.

So I picked up an eyeshadow brush and started to apply Singapore Sling onto my lids. Then I couldn't decide which colour to pair it with on the outer corner. I could have always used a black like the Espresso Martini, a matte black, from the same palette. But I wanted it to be different, so I used Green Martini instead, a shimmery dark olive green, something like a gunmetal shade. What a weird pairing, I know. :S Then I used Martini, a shimmery white colour, to highlight under the brow, on the inner corner and on the inner part of the lower lash line.



Anyways, I didn't like the end look of this. There is just something not right with this look. I don't know what.

So I am just posting one photo (the rest of the photos didn't turn out nice at all! :( ) and I'd like to hear from you......... what's wrong with this look?

Please pardon the rest of my face...I just had on some BB Cream and The Body Shop blush.


8 comments:

AnieJ said...

I'll be honest: I really like this combination, but I think a black liner (maybe even just a thin line of liquid liner) would really pull together those two colors. I would not put this combo on someone with blue eyes, and probably not green either, but from the photo, I think it looks nice with brown eyes and festive for BCA Month!

gio said...

I actually like this look. I think the color combo is very pretty. But I agree with AnieJ, black eyeliner would give a beautiful, finishing touch to the look.

Vonvon said...

Thank you for your comment, AnieJ! Yes, I didn't line my eyes. Actually, it's partly due to laziness.

I think I will try doing this combo again with a black liner.

Vonvon said...

Thank you, gio! Glad you like it. Will try again with a black liner.

hevn said...

Actually I didn't think there was anything wrong with the look till you mention it. On a closer look, an eyeliner would have tied everything up nicely but I love the colour combo. Didn't think about it till I saw yours

Good job!

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Hevn, for your kind words! :)

SeVeRuSLoVez said...

it's a good job hunny!
i think just a wing black liner will make it perfect!
^^
visit my blog yaa:
http://severuslove.blogspot.com/

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Severus Hun!

Visited your blog too! :)