Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Look: Tease With Ease & Plush, Oh Sunny Outlook - MAC Pro Longwear Eyeshadows

Yes, it's literally the Sunny Outlook is Teasing us With Ease and Plush! If that makes any sense to you, yea.....

But yea, I did this look the previous week before the Indian Summer hit the UK when we were having gale-like winds and low temperature. Thinking that Autumn had arrived, I decided to create a look to remind me of Summer. Then the following week, that was last week, we had been having awesomely gorgeous weather with plenty of sunshine and warmth that Princess and I were always spotted wearing T-shirts, sometimes, sleeveless, and short/capris most of the time. Even my students came to class wearing shorts and slippers!

And that got me thinking, was the Sunny Outlook an omen to bring on the good weather? And since the past 2 days, temperature has been gradually dropping again, and the winds are coming back, perhaps, writing about Sunny Outlook will bring back the good weather again, eh? ;) OK, I have to admit that I am in a denial now. I love Autumn, but I can't imagine nor do I want to anticipate the coming cold.

Anyways, let's get on to the look!





Eye Of The Day

Eyes:
Start by applying MAC Pro Longwear Eyeshadow in Sunny Outlook on the inner corner of the eye and inner 1/3 of the lid;
Then apply MAC Pro Longwear Eyeshadow in Tease With Ease on the middle 1/3 of the lid;
Apply MAC Pro Longwear Eyeshadow in Plush on the outer 1/3 of the lid and blend into the crease; Blend the 3 shades to blur out any distinct borders between the 3 shades;
Line the upper and lower waterline with Estee Lauder Artists Smudge Pencil in Softsmudge black;
Finish off with MAC Zoom Lash Zoomblack mascara.

Brows:
Lightly fill in the brow with Benefit Silky Powder Eyeshadow in fishnets




Face Of The Day




Face:
MAC Prep+Prime Skin Base

Cheeks:
The Body Shop Roseflower blush

Lips:
Stila Lip Glaze Stick in Grapefruit








Hope you are having a good week to date! :)


10 comments:

LauraLeia said...

Oooh, love the soft and pastel-y colour combo! :D

socialitedreams said...

lol, you were totally the good luck that brought the weather! i like this look


Vonnie of Socialitedreams.com

Blair said...

Wow, I love this look! So colourful, the blending is great and you rock yellows so well, am envious! Have a great day V dear <3

gio said...

You look gorgeous! I love the colors you use and they really suit you!

Vonvon said...

Thank you, LauraLeia. Actually the colours are quite pigmented, but these are the few of the MAC Pro Longwear eyeshadows that are rather sheer, yet still very pretty.

Also, many eyeshadows applied by me would almost always end up soft as that's how I prefer to wear them most of the time. :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Vonnie!

LOL, I woke up this morning to a grey and cloudy sky. Now I can see a glimmer of sunshine already.

Vonvon said...

Blair dear, thank you so much!

I love yellow colour, though I wouldn't say it's my favourite colour. But I like it, as I find that adding yellow to anything would almost always brighten it up. It all started when I was in school, during art class. When I find my painting to be dreary, I would add some yellow, and voila! And now I do that with my makeup looks too, and clothing sometimes. :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you, gio! I know these are your kind of colours too. :)

Vanity is an addiction said...

Nice look! Love the soft glow from ur cheeks too...pretty colors..

xx

Vonvon said...

Hello Charming Vanity,

Thank you. Glad you like it. The glow from the cheek must be from Guerlain Meteorites which I forgot to write down in the post. :)