Monday, October 10, 2011

Rimmel London The Brit Collection: Union Jack Glam'eyes HD Eyeshadow Quads - Swatches & Some Swatches Of Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks


I was in Boots last week to check out the latest Rimmel London The Brit Collection Glam'eyes HD Eyeshadow Quads which have the pattern of the Union Jack. There were 6 of them in Black Cab, English Oak, Royal Blue, Green Park, Purple Reign, True Union Jack.

Rimmel London The Brit Collection Glam'eyes HD Eyeshadow Quads
Left to right: Black Cab, English Oak, Royal Blue, Green Park, Purple Reign, True Union Jack


I went to Superdrug which already launched them 1 week prior to the launch in Boots, and both Superdrugs in town were already sold out of them! And it didn't help that it was 3 for 2 for Rimmel products plus additional 100 Beautycard points with purchase of GBP10 or more worth of Rimmel products at Superdrug.

This is only my second 'encounter' with Rimmel. My first was with the Rimmel 8 Hour Mousse Eyeshadows which I got from the now-closed down TJ Hughes store. These Rimmel 8 Hour Mousse Eyeshadows are also available at the likes of Boots and Superdrug, but the RRP is GBP4.99. While those I got at TJ Hughes were only between GBP1.59-1.99 each. That will be another post.

Anyways, I was really excited to see the new Union Jack Eyeshadow palettes. No, I am not so patriotic, nor am I a fan of Kate Moss. But I like a good eyeshadow anytime! ;) And these 6 are really good in general. The pigmentation is great with the exception of one or 2 shades from the individual palettes. Generally, they also have a buttery smooth and soft texture, though they are not without some fall-out. The degree of fall-out varies from one eyeshadow to another, while some do not have fall-out problem. And comparing the shadows to say, MAC eyeshadows (for example), some are similar to Veluxe Pearl in texture, while some even have the Mega Metal shadow kind of texture! Mind you, it's that good! I was shocked and impressed at the same time! :D

Here are the swatches first. If you have any question on the texture, pigmentation, etc of any quads, please leave a comment below. I am not reviewing each palette at the moment. A bit busy again.


Black Cab - swatches


English Oak - swatches


Royal Blue - swatches


Green Park - swatches


Purple Reign - swatches


True Union Jack - swatches





And I managed to swatch 5 of the 7 Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish lipsticks in #2, #3, #4, #5 and #8 as below. All these that I have swatched are soft yet 'firm', glide on smoothly and pigmentation is excellent!


Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish lipsticks in #2, #3, #4, #5 and #8 (L to R) - swatches



And my little haul..... I just wanted to kick myself for not getting any earlier in the bigger Boots store, so I dropped by my neighbourhood tiny Boots store, and they only had 2 of the 6 eyeshadow quads for sale. :( I was just undecided on which palettes to get. They are only GBP6.99 each and is on 3 for 2 offer in Boots as well. *sigh


Black Cab, True Union Jack eyeshadow quads and Kate Lasting Finish lipstick #1




Now my worry is that since they were out of stock at Superdrug already, what if they also go out of stock in Boots this week? I am eye-ing Green Park, Purple Reign and English Oak now. *fingers crossed they will still be available......somewhere, somwhow.......


6 comments:

LauraLeia said...

Aaaaah the palettes are so adorable! I love the swatches of English Oak and Purple Reign. :D
Lately I've been noticing Rimmel more thanks to the increasing number for reviews and blogs about the brand. Bought one lipstick and I'm loving it! :)

Vonvon said...

Yes, they are, LauraLeia! :)

English Oak is the one with one of the bes eyeshadows, except the darkest brown. The rest are very smooth and creamy. Purple Reign is very beautiful too. Only the last shadow in the swatches is slightly less in terms of pigmentation.

gio said...

The palettes are so cute, love the pattern! Green Park and English Oak looks gorgeous!

Vonvon said...

I agree, gio! They are cute and pretty too! :) Actually all the palettes are gorgeous! I hauled 3 more yesterday! :D

AhCapp said...

Hi,

Thank you for the swatches!

I am from Singapore and I think I am going to haul them from asos since there is free shipping! =)

Vonvon said...

Hi AhCapp,

Thank you for the comment. I think I have seen your comments around in some Singaporean blogs that I read. :)

Asos even offers international free shipping? That is great! These eyeshadows are worth a try! Which ones do you plan to get?