Friday, October 14, 2011

Swatches & Review: Estee Lauder Elizabeth Hurley Pink Ribbon Collection - Lavish Pink Lipstick

Here are the swatches, on hand and on my lips, of the Estee Lauder Elizabeth Hurley Pink Ribbon Collection Lavish Pink lipstick. More photos of this set can be seen here.




Estee Lauder Elizabeth Hurley Pink Ribbon Collection Lavish Pink lipstick


Estee Lauder Elizabeth Hurley Pink Ribbon Collection Lavish Pink lipstick - swatch on hand

The swatch directly from the tube is quite light and sheer, but on the lips, it's a totally different story. The swatch above was swiped about 5 times on the dorsum of my hand.
The texture is creamy and feels moisturising, and glides on smoothly.




Estee Lauder Elizabeth Hurley Pink Ribbon Collection Lavish Pink lipstick - lip swatches under different lighting (the sun was hiding the day I took these photos, sorry!)

On my lips, it's a my lips but better kind of shade. It gave a sweet pink colour to my lips, with a subtle elegance. I think this shade would be suitable for everyday wear as well as for some special occasion. :)
The shimmer visible on the tube did not really translate after application on the lips.
It lasted about 4 hours on my lips and my lips didn't feel dry. After meal, it faded, of course, but became a lighter colour still visible on my lips.



Estee Lauder Elizabeth Hurley Pink Ribbon Collection Lavish Pink lipstick - lip swatch under indoor fluorescent light



Face Of The Day

Lips: Estee Lauder Elizabeth Hurley Pink Ribbon Collection Lavish Pink lipstick

Face: Sunplay Skin Aqua BB Cream SPF36/PA++
Guerlain Meteorites

Cheeks: Clinique Enchanted Bronze blush, for contouring on the jawline area



For my dear readers in Malaysia, this set and the other, Evelyn Lauder set with a darker red lipstick, will be sold in Pavilion KL from today till 16th October 2011. The set will cost RM85 each.

10 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

The lipstick is really pretty! Need to check it out!

Vonvon said...

Yes, it is, Jamilla! And it will suit your skin tone very much. Hurry up! My local Debenhams already sold out. Saw it in a Boots store yesterday but only 4 left. Hope you will get your hands on it! And it comes with a nice pink clutch too.

Fiona said...

Oh noooo. After seeing the swatches, I feel like buying tomorrow :)

Thanks for showing us!

B said...

This is perfectly pink for your pout. I think it's darling!

gio said...

That looks very pretty on you!

Vonvon said...

So, Fiona, did you buy it in the end?

You are welcome! :)

Vonvon said...

Aww....B, thank you! :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you, gio!

Sherry said...

long time not here, how u doing? hehe.. nice set maybe check out later

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Sherry. I am doing well. And how are you and the baby?