Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Eyeshadow Swatches: MAC Big Bounce Shadows & Gosh Mono Eyeshadows

These are some of my hauls from the past. I may have posted photos of them, but I thought I will show you some swatches. You can see the product photos here.


GOSH Mono Eyeshadows in 001 Golden Green(left) and 008 Burgundy(right) - swatches
Both the GOSH eyeshadows I picked up at a whim when I saw some of them on half-price at Superdrug. I swatched them in-store and though I have similar shades in my stash, I haven't tried any GOSH products before, let alone the eyeshadows. These 2 shadows have more like a satin finish. While they are not super soft and smooth in texture, they are not dry or chalky either. Their pigmentation is quite OK, and colour pay-off is quite good. Though Burgundy is a tad sheerer.



MAC Big Bounce Shadows in Spread The Wealth(left) and Luxury Touch(right) - swatches
Despite many not-so-stellar reviews on these Big Bounce Shadows from MAC Flighty Collection this past Summer, even Temptalia was disappointed with them, I saw several of these at the CCO in Bicester Village and just felt that I had to get some to try out. While it was not on a huge markdown, I picked these 2.
They are liquid, may be thick liquid, in the jars. While they swatched quite OK, I had problem applying them on the lids.
They didn't apply evenly and when I tried putting on a second layer, my finger would wipe off the first. So I went on to dabbing it on my lids. Still, the colour wouldn't stay long. Then, I gave up. But I dabbed on some powder eyeshadow on top of that 'mess' and WOW! It made the powder eyeshadow POP!

OK, I will speak more on the Big Bounce Shadows in another post and show you the looks I did with it.

Happy Hump Day!

It's Thanksgiving Day tomorrow and I will be busy in the kitchen........... ;)

Till then.......


10 comments:

gio said...

That green eyeshadow is very pretty! And I'm glad you've found a way to make the MAC eyeshadows work.

Penelope said...

Have a wonderful thanksgiving! I'll be celebrating it this year eventhough I'm all the way on the other side of the planet! An American friend is hosting a dinner.

The eyeshadows look super pretty! Thanks for sharing!!

Misato-san said...

I was able to pick a pair of colours from Flighty collection when it was released here in Italy months ago.
I've got oily lids but I got them working in the following way:
1. using a primer (my holy grail is a classic: Too Faced Shadow Insurance)
2. applying them with a proper brush (I used a shader from Zoeva's Bamboo set, it's similar to the MAC one Christine from Temptalia suggests for them)
3. setting them with a translucent hd powder patted on them

I'm really happy about this because I brougth the first one (Count your assets) with the desire of using it not as a base but as a proper colour and it worked... so I got also Free as air :D

Vonvon said...

Yes, gio. Green eyeshadows are very pretty.

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Penelope! Hope you had a great one too.

You are welcome.

Vonvon said...

Hello Misato-San,

Thank you for dropping by and commenting to share your tips on using the MAC Bouncy Shadows.

I will try your methods of application.

And by the way, the 2 colours that you have got are very beautiful. Free As Air reminds me of a Rimmel 8-hour mousse eyeshadow in #14 which has been compared to the MAC Big Bounce shadows (dupe).

Misato-san said...

I hope you will be able to enjoy your colours to the fullest too :D

Free as air is special <333

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Misato-San! It's very kind of you. :) I brought out a small tube of UDPP to be tried with the Big Bounce Shadows.

I saw your blog, btw. May be you want to do an EOTD with Free As Air? :)

Misato-san said...

I hope you will be able to enjoy them :D
I'm not a fan of UDPP...

I did a couple of them in the past (and also one with Count your assets ^^ ), check them out here: http://nana-komatsu7.livejournal.com/tag/mac%3A%20flighty%20limited%20edition
if you are curious :D

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Misato-San. I tried looking at the link and your blog, in general. But the photos can't seem to load.