Wednesday, November 30, 2011

L'Oreal's Goldmine - Want A Share?

Well, yes, I would surely love to have a share in L'Oreal's Goldmine. After all, I am sure L'Oreal Paris makes a huge profit from their cosmetics and skincare sale yearly. ;)

I wish!

But it's not that kind of 'goldmine' we are talking about here. :P

It's L'Oreal Paris Infallible Eye Color in Goldmine!





I have read somewhere that this and a gold-toned lipstick and gloss are part of a gold-themed collection for the Holiday, but I couldn't seem to find the display of the collection in-store nor could I find the gold-toned lipstick and lipgloss.






But I know I have been seeing Goldmine every time I go to my local Boots and even the larger Boots stores and I have been eyeing it for a while. Another 'unhealthy' obsession of mine with gold eyeshadows, besides yellow.

So I picked this up last week at my local Boots as a little treat for myself.

It's a beautiful yellow gold with obvious shimmer and some glitter but without the fallout. It says on the packaging that it has an iridescent finish. The colour pay-off is quite good, but still tend to be a bit sheer. I haven't played with this on my eyes. So I just have a swatch for you today.


Whatever it is, I think this eyeshadow would make a great holiday look!

It retails for GBP6.99 for 3.5g in Boots and Superdrug.


8 comments:

LauraLeia said...

It looks really lovely! :D Will be great alone or as a base.

gio said...

That looks very pretty! But I usually stay away from L'Oreal products because their products are ridiculously overpriced here.

hanidee said...

What a pretty color! Lovely for highlighting. The packaging is almost reminiscent to Lancome's.

Kayla said...

I looks nice! Do you think it's comparable to MUFE Aqua Creams or MACs Paint Pots? Just curious.

Vonvon said...

Yes, LauraLeia. Used alone or as a highlighter and base, it's very pretty!

Vonvon said...

I remember you wrote about how pricey L'Oreal is as a drugstore brand. Well, it is drugstore in the UK.

Vonvon said...

Hello Dee, it is very pretty. Which Lancome product does it resemble?

Vonvon said...

Hi Kayla,

MUFE Aqua Creams and MAC Paint Pots are cream in texture. This is more like the Armani Eyes To Kill Intense eyeshadows. Neither cream, nor powder, but velvety in texture.