Monday, November 14, 2011

Photos, Swatches, Quick Review & FOTD: Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Colors

The Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Colors are new for Fall. It's a collection of 12 cream eyeshadows which replace the Hydro-Powder Eyeshadows.

Here I have swatches of 11 of the 12 eyeshadows which I swatched back in August when I was in Malaysia. GR708 Moss was not available at the Shiseido counter.




From the product brochure







Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Colors




Swatches of Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Colors (lighting was not quite good as all these photos were taken under the yellow lighting of the beauty hall)
From L to R: BL711 Angel, VI305 Purple Dawn, PK302 Magnolia, WT901 Mist, GD803 Techno Gold, BE204 Meadow, BR709 Sable, BR306 Leather, GR707 Patina, SV810 Tin, BK912 Caviar



More up-close swatches and description of the shades


Swatches of Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Colors
From L to R: BL711 Angel, VI305 Purple Dawn, PK302 Magnolia
According to Shiseido colour nomenclature (and for Japanese cosmetics, in general), the first 2 letters of the code indicate the colour family of the shade.

BL711 Angel - a mid-tone blue with silver shimmer (BL=blue)
VI305 Purple Dawn - a mid-tone purple with silver shimmer (VI=violet)
PK302 - a pale shimmery baby pink (PK=pink)



Swatches of Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Colors
From L to R: WT901 Mist, GD803 Techno Gold, BE204 Meadow

WT901 - a frosty white (WT=white)
GD803 - one of my favourite colours and yellow eyeshadow! It's a warm bright golden yellow (GD=gold)
BE204 - a shimmery golden wheat colour (BE=beige)



Swatches of Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Colors
From L to R: BR709 Sable, BR306 Leather, GR707 Patina

BR709 - an olive-brown (BR=brown)
BR306 - a slightly cool-toned dark brown (BR=brown)
GR707 - a golden olive green (GR=green)



Swatches of Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Colors
From L to R: GR707 Patina, SV810 Tin, BK912 Caviar

GR707 - see above
SV810 - a cool shimmery silver with bluish undertone (SV=silver)
BK912 - a black with multi-coloured fine shimmer (BK=black)



So, I purchased 4 of them and will write about them soon. A reader of mine guessed correctly on my FB page! :D
It's been very very long overdue. ;)

Anyways, if you can't wait for the full review, here is a quickie...........
They all have smooth buttery texture which swatch easily and apply like a dream. Its pigmentation is very good and claims to have a proven 16-hour lasting effect. Well, I have yet to really play with this and have them on for 16 hours, so we shall see.
But from the quick EOTD which was done by the Shiseido makeup artist using VI305, PK302 and WT901, the shadows did stay put from the afternoon when he put them on for me till night time when it's time for me to remove my makeup. And I didn't see any creasing nor fading.

It retails for RM75 (6g) each. In the US, it's USD25 each. I am not too sure of the price in the UK, perhaps GBP20 (to be confirmed).




Face Of The Day






What a long post for a Monday!
But from this week onwards, posts will not be as frequently published because work is really piling up and I haven't that much time to schedule enough posts to last till when I will be free again. :)


14 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi Vonvon! The tin shade is gorgeous! Saw from my local beauty supplier that they were discounting their older versions of the Shiseido cream eyeshdows. So I managed to snag 1 of them. Now I'm tempted to buy more! Are you still in the UK?

hevn said...

Whoaa, love your FOTD, the colours looks great on you!

gio said...

They are all very pretty, especially that golden olive green! I'm a sucker for greens lol. And I love the look you did too.

melissa said...

I like Purple Dawn and Magnolia.

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

These are such gorgeous swatches!!!!! =) I have very little Shiseido makeup items, but the few that I do have are wonderful :D

Vonvon said...

Hi Tracy! They are all very pretty actually! Wish I could get them all! :) I am still in the UK currently.

Yes, the older Hydro-powder eyeshadows are being replaced by this range. Lucky you that you got them at a discount! I wish Shiseido in Malaysia or wherever in the UK that have Shiseido will also discount the old range. Fat hope!

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Hevn! Purple and pink are my all-time favorite. And actually it's the Shiseido make artist who did the make Up for me.

Vonvon said...

Gio, you are right! That olive green is beautiful. I think based on your liking for bright colours, there are many colours in this range that would suit you, IMO.

Vonvon said...

Melissa, those 2 are the colours I wore in the EOTD. Very pretty indeed! :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Rainy Days and Latte! I wish the lighting was better, but nevertheless, I am glad to share the swatches with you and all.

I have to agree on what you say about Shiseido products. I have their trio eyeshadow palettes and loving them to bits and some Maquillage products too. :)

katherine said...

Love this look! I am looking for some good colors from this line, thanks for sharing!

kristie said...

thanks so much for the review and all the swatches. i haven't tried the Shiseido brand but it looks really nice.

just joined via GFC (YTBlushingBasics) and looking forward to more posts!

hope you can take aminute to check out my beauty blog. xo

http://www.blushingbasics.blogspot.com

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Katherine!

So have you decided what colors are you getting?

Vonvon said...

Hi Kristie,

Thank you for visiting and following.

I saw your blog, it's great! :)