Thursday, November 10, 2011

Review: Avon Naturals Renewing Black Cherry & Nutmeg Shower Gel

Oh yes, you read right! I actually use Avon products. I have to admit I rarely look at brands which are direct-selling or those like MLMs (multi-level marketing! Hate it!). But anyways, some time at the beginning of the year, I met a lady who happened to be an Avon representative. I was just looking through their catalogue and I saw some bubble baths on sale, buy 1 get 2 free! Seriously, it was GBP4 per bottle of 500ml and it was on buy 1 get 2 free offer. So I jumped at it and bought myself and Princess half a dozen bottles of bubble baths, since now our place here has a bath tub. And we love having baths. Back in Malaysia, we didn't have a bath tub in our home. Then I picked up a bottle of nail polish remover for GBP2. And this shower gel came as a free gift from the Avon rep.


Avon Naturals Renewing Black Cherry & Nutmeg Shower Gel


This bottle has stayed on my IKEA bathroom shelf for the longest possible time since I brought it home with the bubble baths, and when I was almost running out of shower gel (can't believe I can actually run out of shower gels! Time to visit Bath & Body Works in the USA :) ), I decided to try this lonely bottle on the shelf!

And WOW! I was amazed and that's why I am reviewing this. If you have noticed, I rarely have negative reviews in my blog. My reviews will mostly weigh the pros and cons of a product(s). So for every product review that I write, I wouldn't write that a product is bad or a product is soooooo good! I will find the goods and not-so-goods(if any) of a product.

So a little digression aside, this is from Avon Naturals range. From their website, it states that Naturals range are everyday value products that use the best ingredients and please the mind with refreshing invigorating ingredients. Honestly, I don't know much about Avon products.

Anyways, let's get on to how this shower gel works and why I like it.



First of all, it's slightly thick with creamy consistency and has a pale pink-lilac colour. And the scent is....yummy! It's a fruity scent which is slightly sweet yet warm with a rich note(from the nutmeg). Each time I shower, the scent will fill up my bathroom but it's not overpowering and it doesn't last to linger. And it just leaves a very slight hint of fruity scent on my skin after showering.

It lathers up well, and now I am coming to the part that I like the most about this shower gel...... after rinsing off, my skin feels smooth and not dry at all! Most shower gels, even those that claim to be moisturising, will leave my skin needing a moisturiser after a shower. And I am such a lazy fella when it comes to putting on a body moisturiser, though I would force myself to apply some sometimes. ;)

As I am typing this, I am browsing the Avon online catalogue on my iPad, and this bottle (200ml) costs GBP2.60 normally, but they are going on special offer now for 99p only! And I am gonna call my Avon rep first thing tomorrow morning after sending Princess to school to place my order for the Juice Watermelon, Strawberry & Guava, and new Sugar Plum & Vanilla Shower Gels from the Naturals range to try out, of course! And the Lavender & Chamomile Hand Cream as well.


2 comments:

My Bathroom Is My Castle said...

Thank you for introducing and sharing Vonvon! Sounds great and I will have a look at it!
XOXO Britta

Vonvon said...

You are welcome, Britta! I am glad to share a great product with all. :)