Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dior Summer 2012 Croisette Collection - Some Words and Swatches

*This post was scheduled for end of May but I didn't get to finish it.*

Nowadays I rarely write on the latest collections anymore. It's just too difficult to chase what's new and what's not. Furthermore, living in a village where I hardly go out shopping in town, and the nearest big shopping place, I have to take the train there, I can only keep up with the newest stuffs via beauty blogs like Karen's MBB and Christine's Temptalia, both of which, I don't think need any introduction.

Well, instead of chasing new makeup collections like I used to, I am now chasing the latest NICE guidelines and that sort of stuffs. :)

But for limited edition items that I WANT from whatever collections, I would be keeping a close eye on them. In my case, I am a member of the Debenhams Beauty Club, so each time some collections are about to come out, I would just pop a question on their Facebook page to find out the date a particular collection is gonna be launched in their store.


So for Dior Summer 2012 Croisette, I have been waiting since Spring to get my hands on some of the items. At first, I had wanted the Swimming Pool quint so badly, but after reading review of it on Temptalia and swatching it for myself in-store....thank God, money saved. Then, comes the Aurora eyeshadow quint, a warm yellow-bronzy quint which is so summer-y yet wearable for any season, and quite my kind of colors too.


Dior Summer 2012 Croisette


I swatched Aurora and thought it was quite dupable, and I thought of my MAC Colour Forecast Spring 2010 Colour 4 quad. Below I have swatches of both palettes. Though they are not exact dupe, but I guess it's close, not that close. And the quality between Dior and MAC....well, we'll talk about it more later.....

Photo below shows the swatches of Aurora Quint, taken under instore fluorescent lighting. All the eyeshadows are smooth and soft, pigmentation is good though a bit on the sheer side. But the colors are rich and typical of Dior. My favorite colors of the lot are the golden yellow and the coppery orange.


Swatches of MAC Colour Forecast Spring 2010 Colour 4 quad and Inglot #403 (top of the photo, yellow)
OK, OK, the colors in the 2 palettes are actually very different. But well, seriously, I don't need more makeup for now. I am having headache with storage and also my 'inventory' and I find myself 'losing' a certain and a certain makeup item that I want to use at a particular time. So, I 'tricked' myself into not buying the Aurora quint by psychologically telling myself that the MAC quad is some sort of a dupe. ;P Oh well, I think it kinda work. Now the lemming for Aurora has lessened, and I no longer feel the need to buy it nor to own it.


Then, there is the new product from Dior which is the eye gloss (swatches below) which comes in 4 summery shades which reminds me very much of Summer, which I/we thought was here at the end of May, but come June, it seems Autumn is making a visit? :( Miserable, I know. It's been cloudy, grey and rainy again these past few days.

Swatches of the new Dior Eye Gloss
L to R: Sunset, Tan, Seashell, Azur


Anyways, I'll keep this short. I snapped a photo of the Croisette collection in-store, swatched a few, and that's about it. And yea, I did make a little haul from this collection. I bought 2 of the eye glosses in Sunset and Azur, and the Turquoise eye liner. I haven't snapped pics of them. Hope to do that soon.


2 comments:

gio said...

I was lemming the Swimming Pool palette until I saw Temptalia's review too. What a shame the quality is so bad, but at least my wallet is happy about it.

I can't wait to read what you think of the eye glosses. The colours are very pretty, but I'm afraid they may crease on my oily lids..

Vonvon said...

Gio, Swimming Pool has really very nice colors, but I don't know what happened this time to Dior? Of the few Dior quints that I own, I haven't any that performs below par and so horribly like Swimming Pool! That's £41 saved for me! :) and I managed to kill the lemming for Aurora quint as well.

I'll try to play with the eye glosses soon. I have read that it creases, but works ok with a primer. We shall see. :)