Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Little Paris Kitchen by Rachel Khoo

Of course it's not the kitchen per se, but actually it's a cookbook written by Rachel Khoo on French cooking. And she has her own TV cooking show on BBC1 few months ago. It was only a 6-episode series, but I had watched each and every episode and love it so much and kind of get a bit inspired. Well, not really inspired to cook but more like to eat all the yummy French cuisine that she made. And she cooked in a kitchen so tiny, using a portable gas hob and toaster oven.


So, I was in Tesco the other day and I was whiling my time away refusing to join the long queue at the cashier, so I was browsing the book section and my eyes spotted this cookbook. Not bad at GBP9.86 when the RRP is GBP20!

Anyways, I haven't really started cooking anything from the cookbook. Oh, the cookbook actually consists of all the recipes she made in all the 6 episodes of her cooking show and snippets of her life of how an English girl of Malaysian Chinese-Austrian parentage ended up in Paris working as a chef. She has quite an interesting life, really.

Just a little snippet from me on a lazy Sunday......... Hope you are having a good day!

2 comments:

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

Sounds like an interesting read! I ADORE reading cookbooks--mostly because I really can't cook so I like to read cookbooks/watch cooking shows and imagine how great my life would be if I COULD cook :P

Vonvon said...

Becca, I can't cook much either, just normal ordinary food. But I tried baking and roasting at Thanksgiving and Christmas last year, and I found that I quite like it but nit everyday, of course!