Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Photos: From My Birthday & Sephora Birthday Gift Of Fresh Sugar Kisses Mini Lip Duo

And so I turned another year older, wiser(??) exactly a month ago. I think, for me, as I grow older, I tend to have quieter birthday do with family and some friends.

So what was supposed to be a small mango and passionfruit cheesecake turned out to be a more than 3kg birthday cake, courtesy of Hubby! :D And Princess had a great time decorating it! We had some friends over to join in the little celebration with some wine, cheese and cold cuts.

I'll let the photos speak............ :) And I'll show you some photos of the Sephora Beauty Insider birthday gift for this year.


My huge birthday cake
I bet you can guess which were the parts decorated by Princess. ;)


My sunshine - well, this decor came with the cake.


Princess busy writing 'Mummy' on the cake. Concentrating.........


OK, she wrote the word 'Mummy' and the exclamation mark with icing. And the 'X' to the left of the rainbow represented a BIG KISS for Mummy.


Me and Princess




HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM SEPHORA!


Fresh Sugar Kisses Mini Lip Duo in Sugar and Sugar Rose


Fresh Sugar Kisses Mini Lip Duo in Sugar and Sugar Rose


So these are lip tints with SPF 15. I haven't tried these before and I know these are not cheap, retailing for like over USD20 for the full-sized version of 4.3g (if I am not mistaken). These minis are 2.2g each.


Sugar (left) is colourless on my lips, just giving a hint of shine.
Sugar Rose (right) is a muted pinkish red, that gives the subtlest hint of pink on my lips.
Sorry I don't have any photo of lip swatches.


On the hand swatches, Sugar is on the left, while Sugar Rose is on the right. They are really difficult to photograph. When I have more time, I'll try to do lip swatches, and review.


Because I might be about to go MIA again...............
I guess this is life, things just come up one after another. So I have to tend to them. I will try to sneak 1 or 2 posts in, in between, hopefully.


6 comments:

makeupjelena said...

Happy birthday, the cake looks yummy! :-)

gio said...

Happy birthday! The cake looks delicious!

And that looks like a nice gift from Sephora.

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

aw Happy Birthday! Your daughter is absolutely beautiful :)

And those Fresh birthday minis are great in theory...I was so excited about the bday gift this year--but in reality, the product is SO thin that it breaks off almost immediately (at least it does for me) and is super difficult to use after that. I do like the actual balm though and the full sizes are great! I have Sugar Coral, Sugar Honey, and Sugar Rose! Love them!

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Jelena! :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you, gio!

It's a nice gift, but yea, it's actually quite flimsy in terms of the make, in this mini size.

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Becca!

I agree with you on the Fresh minis. The moment I took them out and twisted it out, I was like ok, I gotta be gentle with this. Therefore each time I use it, I just twist out a tiny bit, enough to apply to my lips. And I love the products!

I remember reading in your blog about your Fresh Sugar collection. In fact, I am wearing Sugar Rose at the moment. :)